Sketchstory No. 19 - 'Piyu' by Arundhati Nagpal




I found an old picture of mine today. So hard to believe that I looked like that 14 years back. 


I don’t remember when I last wore something like the dress in the picture, I sat there wondering how long it had been since my precious necklace saw the light of day outside the bank locker. How prim and proper I used to be; clothes and jewellery always well-coordinated, not one strand of hair out of place (unless required)…I think to myself; how different things are now. All of this is not important for me anymore. These days just being presentable and reaching the venue on time peacefully seems to be of prime importance..maybe I have become more accepting of myself with age, priorities have definitely changed but don’t know why a part of my heart still aches when I see one of my old photographs.


I glance at the picture once again...how dreamy I looked. I remember it being taken soon after my wedding...the world appeared to be so different then. I don’t seem to relate to the image anymore even though the person within has remained the same. I think hard, do I really want things to be any other way than what it is today...do I have any regrets?


As I sieve through the years of experiences, memories, learnings, work, relationships…I find my answer…a definite “No”.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

  1. Lovely Piyu. Anahat influence is very visible. Keep writing...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sketchstory No. 3 - 'The skirt, the sand and the sea' by Anchita Ghatak

Sketchstory No. 22 - 'Ananya' by Padma Gargeya

Sketchstory No. 7 - 'Urmila's Story' by Sandhya Srinivasan