Sketchstory No. 21 - 'Love' by Prema Giri



I looked down at the new pair of jhumkas my husband had gifted me today. The gajra of my favourite jasmine flowers was already adorning my hair. 


As I wore the jhumkas I could hear my mother in law in the courtyard loudly lamenting her fate at getting a barren daughter in law . And her anger at her son's refusal to marry again.


As my eyes filled with tears of joy, my husband only had a faint smile of peace and understanding on his face. We had long decided to be each other's child and this was our secret.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sketchstory No. 3 - 'The skirt, the sand and the sea' by Anchita Ghatak

Sketchstory No. 22 - 'Ananya' by Padma Gargeya

Sketchstory No. 7 - 'Urmila's Story' by Sandhya Srinivasan