Sketchstory No. 9 - 'The Face' by Sujatha Mohan



I am ninth in line. Waiting to board the bus back to my village beyond Chennai, much against my akka’s wishes. I gaze around anxiously. I look for a kind face to keep me company on the long way back home. Instead, my eyes fall upon his lecherous face. His eyes leer at me from above his mask. 


I turn away. I come to a quick decision, I slip out of the line and race back to the home I had left. Akka!! I call out, rattling the door. I hear a noise. I look behind, over my shoulder......


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sketchstory No. 3 - 'The skirt, the sand and the sea' by Anchita Ghatak

Sketchstory No. 22 - 'Ananya' by Padma Gargeya

Sketchstory No. 7 - 'Urmila's Story' by Sandhya Srinivasan